Privacy and Cookies Policy
Clinidirect is a trademark of CliniSupplies Ltd
Clinidirect operates a comprehensive Data Protection Policy and complies with Information Governance.
Please note that we may update this policy from time to time to reflect changes in the law. You should check this page regularly to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
This policy is effective from the date on the footer of the document itself.
1. Information we collect from you
We may collect the following information:
- Name and job title
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
We may provide you with the option to select whether you would like to receive information from us or from trusted third parties by opting in or out of doing so. In some circumstances, you will not have the option to opt out, for example, when we are administering a transaction requested by you, or if we are satisfying a legal requirement.
2. What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping
- We may use the information to improve our products and services
- If you have opted in, we may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided
- If you have opted in, from time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system. We also have relationships with carefully-selected advertising companies who may also set cookies during your visit to be used for marketing purposes – such as to show you Clinidirect products and services based on what you appear to be interested in. If you'd like to opt out, please go to Your Online Choices.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. However, this may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
5. Links to other websites
Clinidirect may provide links and references to other third party websites for the convenience of its users in locating relevant information. These sites have not been validated by Clinidirect and are maintained by third party over which Clinidirect does not have control. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites. Such sites are not governed by this privacy statement of Clinidirect. As such, links are provided without warranty of any kind, including all implied warranties and Clinidirect will not be liable for any damages or injury resulting from you relying on or dependence on any content provided for any purpose.
You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question. Users visiting these websites do so at their own risk.
6. Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Clinidirect, Qualitas House, 100 Elmgrove Road, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2RW.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
*Based on policy guidance published by Business Link, which has since been replaced by www.gov.uk.